Public Company Readiness
IRSL’s professionals help companies assess whether they are prepared for an IPO, address challenges related to financial reporting, compliance and IT scalability during the IPO process, and support their ongoing improvement post-transaction.
Preparing a company for an IPO or a public debt offering can be a complex and daunting task for even the most well-rounded, professionally run organization. Management not only needs to select and assemble its IPO team, consisting of investment bankers, legal counsel, auditors, consultants, financial partners and so on, but also must undergo an often painful due diligence and review process by the various IPO team players. Each player adds value to the process, but each will need to ascertain whether or not the company is “ready” to become a publicly reporting company. It’s not surprising that management and staff can feel overwhelmed without a strong support from a team of experienced professionals that IRSL offers.
Common questions regarding the process include:
- Can you meet the reporting timelines required by the SEC?
- Can you handle the complex accounting and disclosure requirements?
- Is your IT infrastructure scalable to handle your growth?
- Does the data used to manage and report your results have integrity?
- Will any unfavourable findings resulting from the audit of the previous three years of financial information negatively impact the timing of a public offering?
- Do you understand the regulatory environment requirements and how are you prepared to comply?
IRSL’s professionals have expertise in areas critical to managing an IPO - business process, finance, technology, and compliance. These professionals help you accomplish the following:
· Accurate Financial Reporting – We help you ensure you have the requisite professionals and processes that are required in the application of complex accounting principles for accurate financial reporting.
· An Efficient Financial Close – We help you meet the revised SEC filing requirements, ensuring you have an accurate and efficient financial close process.
· Appropriate Corporate Governance and Regulatory Compliance – We partner with you and your management team to create a robust regulatory and corporate governance understanding and the efficient internal control environment that is critical to achieving initial and ongoing compliance with your industry regulations and related compliances.
· A Scalable IT Environment – We provide an independent review of your IT system environment to ensure that you will be able to handle the growth of business that is imperative for a public or soon-to-be public company.
With years of experience providing assistance in each of these areas, IRSL has developed an approach that effectively identifies key areas of focus, and we customize our capabilities to fit your needs and goals.
In addition to these four key areas of focus, we are also able to provide support in the following areas:
- Policy Review and Design – Finance/accounting policies, entity-level policies, etc.
- Process Improvement – Revenue, financial close, IT security, IT Application Controls Effectiveness
- Advisory – Assistance in interacting with third parties, such as SEC and external auditor
- IPO team selection